Karen Brar is the passionate Founder of Nourished Union and the Head Wellness Coach.
Her path to wellness started with a career as a professional contemporary dancer and producer. After her dance career, professionally she transitioned to producing events in the corporate world and personally she began looking for ways to heal her body from old dance injuries. This is when she found yoga.
The Power of the Practice
The power of the practice soon took over in ways she didn’t expect and she found herself returning to the mat for the many positive physical affects but also to seek balance mentally and emotionally. By applying tools learned on the mat to her daily life, she was able to undo old patterns and develop new pathways for her mind-body to connect, helping her to overcome stress and anxiety. This new, deeper awareness not only motivated Karen to pursue in-depth studies in the philosophies and practices of Yoga and Ayurveda, but it also impassioned her to share the teachings with others to help them find balance and meaning in their lives.
Vision & Approach
As a wellness coach, Karen takes a truly holistic approach to balancing the mind, body, emotions and senses that is based on leveraging the ancient practices of Yoga and Ayurveda, and applying them in the context of our modern world. She leans on scientific backing to further reinforce the efficacy of the practices and translates all this knowledge into wellness programs that people can integrate into their daily lives and immediately feel the benefits of by way of reduced stress, a balanced nervous system and more conscious living. While Karen’s teachings are rooted in a strong physical practice, she focuses on connecting the mind and one’s whole self to every challenge in order to uncover everyone’s deeper potential to live a more healthy and connected life. Her vision for Nourished Union is to build an enlightened and experience-focused company that brings together a community of holistic health experts dedicated to guiding people through their life-long wellness journeys.
Education & Qualifications
- Yoga: 300hr of Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) training, plus additional certifications in Yoga Chakra Balance, Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga, Pre/Post Natal Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- Ayurveda: 100hr of Ayurveda Yoga Specialist training, Ayurveda Yoga Therapist and Ayurvedic Practitioner (expected completion is summer 2020, with a specialization in Ayurvedic Psychology)
- Meditation: 100hr of Registered Meditation Teacher (RMT) training
- Reiki: Usui Reiki Master
- Health Coach: Integrative Nutrition Health Coach with a specialization in Gut Health
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance: Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
Read What Clients Are Saying about working with Karen.