Discover this magical land and connect to La Dolce Vita on this travel experience that will combine connecting to nature with reconnecting to yourself. Explore amazing landscapes and cultural heritage this autumn in Tuscany – a place where it is customary in the fall season to connect with nature by foraging and harvesting. This wellness experience will allow you to detox from the stress of daily life by reconnecting to yourself through mindfulness, movement and nourishing practices, which are intertwined with living the simple life. Uncover how the locals live off the land and learn their deep rooted customs in wine, food, nature and simply living well.
Option 1: The Retreat
Situated on a vast piece of land that houses rolling hills, vineyards, groves, woodlands, an organic farm and a river running through it all, we will be staying at Agriturismo Le Pianore.
The villas are located within a 50 ha estate with no immediate neighbours, allowing for total privacy. The gardens are a playground for adults and children alike: lime, oak and cherry trees provide shade, while lavender, thyme, roses, jasmine and broom perfume and enliven the landscape. Dip into the swimming pool for respite from the midday heat and enjoy lounging on the deck chairs until sunset, watching the sky turn red and feeling the cool evening air descend.
The retreat is a great option for those looking to find reprieve from their bustling lives, re-connect back to themselves, while being surrounded by nature at its finest, enjoying amazing food, culture and people.
The Retreat includes:
- 2 Daily yoga/meditation sessions to support releasing toxins and balancing your hormones.
- 3 Wellness workshops (2hrs each).
- Breakfast and dinner (all from the organic farm at Le Pianore).
- Hiking through the vast property.
- Guided farm tour of Le Pianore.
Option 2: The Full Immersive Experience
The full immersive experience is what Nourished Union is known for. In addition to the full retreat option noted above – you’ll experience a specially curated autumn week in Tuscany that showcases all of its amazing offerings and hidden gems. Each day we’ll explore the land by combining nature, physical activity, food and culture, all while connecting with the local people.
The Immersive Experience includes:
- The Retreat (details above, payment done separately).
- Daily Tuscan lunches.
- Guided wine and bike tour.
- Guided truffle hunting followed by a truffle inspired Tuscan lunch.
- Cultural Tour of Val D’Orcia Region, taking in the sights of the old Renaissance town and architecture, viewing the UNESCO World Heritage Site and Tuscany’s most fertile land, and visiting nearby thermal baths that have been part of the rich natural landscape for centuries.
- Discovering the hidden gems of art and culture (from the historic to the contemporary).
- And don’t forget the food! October is the time of olive and grape harvesting. We will visit local farms and learn to cook some of Nonna’s best recipes from the Tuscan region.
Full Immersive Experience Costs:
Early Bird – $1,085 CAD (only until March 15th, after: $1,350 CAD)
Full Immersive Experience Costs include:
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) including vegetarian and vegan options with locally sourced ingredients.
- Daily cultural activities.
- Daily wellness activities including yoga, meditation, Ayurveda nutrition and self care workshops.
- Airport transfers (to/from FCO) and all transfers for daily activities.
Not included in cost:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Additional activities (Nourished Union is available upon request to support booking additional activities including spa, hikes and other tours.)
The fine print:
- Flights not included (we recommend flying into FCO, pre-arranged airport transfers to and from Le Pianore will only be made from FCO)
- Retreat costs (paid directly through Trip Tribe) are in USD$
- Immersive Experience pricing is in CAD and to be paid directly to Nourished Union
- Immersive Experience payment in full due September 1, 2019 (payment plans available)
- Registration closes August 1, 2019
- Note: The Retreat Experience must be booked through Trip Tribe