Join Nourished Union this November to explore the untouched lands of Nicaragua. Start each day with wellness classes before exploring this native land and all it has to offer. Daily adventures will include surf lessons, hiking, wildlife watching, cultural and sustainable experiences, cooking classes and more.
Go beyond with this wellness trip. Discover, uncover and connect to nature, with locals and yourself. Decompress from the daily grind while making space for new daily rituals rooted in wellness – from movement and mindfulness to holistic nutrition and self care – that you can bring home to continue to feel refreshed, refuelled and recharged in your daily life.
Beyond the typical tourist attractions, lies real experiences with real people, doing real things that can fill you up. Join us for an experience of a lifetime; uncover this beautiful country while reconnecting with its people, nature and your true self.
Note: We’ve consciously chosen to visit Nicaragua not to ignore or undermine the current political and social unrest but to support the local people. As with most Nourished Union travel experiences, we will be hosting a philanthropic activity to connect with the local people and natural environment. On this particular trip we’ll be giving back to the community we’ll be staying in – to the local farmers and families that make this part of the country beautiful and special. The area is safe and free from political unrest so that we can go out and explore the country’s culture and nature. Tourism plays a major role in Nicaragua’s economy, which is why we feel it’s important to support the local people who are simply trying to live and work peacefully.
Trip costs include:
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) including vegetarian and vegan options with locally sourced ingredients.
- Daily activities including surf lessons, a boat and snorkel trip, hiking and zip lining on Mombacho Volcano and more.
- Discover local hidden gems including access to hidden beaches and local hot spots, a sustainable give-back activity and a cooking class with a local chef making traditional Nicaraguan dishes.
- Daily wellness activities including yoga, meditation, Ayurvedic nutrition and self care workshops.
- Each day will start with a morning meditation, followed by a flow (all-levels) asana practice; each evening will end with an optional restorative/yin asana practice and evening meditation.
- Daily we will dive deeper into various wellness topics to support developing a sustainable habit of a strong personal practice. Using the principles of Yoga and Ayurveda, the daily workshops will address how to overcome stress and anxiety, develop habits with clear intentions, heal gut health and develop a mindful way of living for the modern world. From movement based healing, to deepening your meditation practice and how Ayurveda’s self care and nutrition can support a stronger, more healthy life; these workshops will support living a healthy and preventative lifestyle and will provide you the tools to continue these practices back home in your daily life.
- Airport transfers and all transfers for daily activities.
Not included in cost:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Additional activities (Nourished Union is available upon request to support booking of additional activities including spa, fishing, hiking and other tours.)
Morgan’s Rock Hacienda and Ecolodge offers natural luxury on a private white sand tropical beach, stunning ocean and forest view bungalows, all within a 4,000-acre jungle. Morgan’s Rock is a hideaway on a mile-long picturesque sandy beach, frequented year-round by nesting sea turtles. Nearly half of the vast property is a private reserve. The rest is low-impact agricultural land (a farm called El Aguacate) and sustainable tropical forestland.
Explore the true meaning of farm to table on this magnificent property. Thanks to a large working farm with cows, chickens, fruit and vegetable garden and even a sustainable shrimp farm, Morgan’s Rock sources roughly 60% of its food products from right on the premises. Daily meals will be prepared from the finest the farm has to offer.
Wellness classes and workshops will be held daily in the hacienda, along with tours on property, exploring this vast jungle.
Accommodations include the Forest View Bungalow with a private plunge pool, which includes a comfortable terrace where guests might enjoy a morning coffee, a glass of wine with the sunset, or a well-deserved nap while soaking in stunning views and unparalleled wildlife.
Costs (all-inclusive except where noted):
Early Bird Single Occupancy: $3,050 USD (after August 30th: $3,400 USD)
Early Bird Double Occupancy: $2,975 USD (after August 30th: $3,325 USD)
The fine print:
- Flights not included (we recommend flying into Liberia, Costa Rica)
- All prices are in USD$
- Transfers will be arranged to and from Liberia Airport (LIR)
- Payment in full due October 5, 2018 (payment plans available)
- Registration closes September 30, 2018