Explore the ancient lands, where thousands have walked before, to discover the vast beauty of Morocco’s rich culture and landscapes, while taking time to meaningfully reconnect with your true self through wellness.
We look to authentically and respectfully unlock the hidden treasures of new places by:
- Exploring the rich culture and connecting with locals to learn their stories.
- Unearthing and exploring the land through unique experiences that go beyond the average tour.
- Travelling sustainably as much as possible and giving back to the people by learning about the region’s needs and where we can support them to meaningfully live well in their own right.
All while slowing down from the hustle of everyday life through integrated time to connect and bring us back to a place of balance. Each day of our wellness travel trips includes holistic wellness experiences that feed our soul through:
- Yoga practices designed to cultivate, clear and restore our energy.
- Meditation classes to cultivate focus, balance and healing.
- Wellness workshops to deepen our awareness, break old patterns and develop new ways to live more meaningfully.
- Nourishing foods to rejuvenate the mind and body.
Peacock Pavilions is a celebrated small luxury resort located in an olive grove on the outskirts of Marrakech, Morocco. The resort was built and decorated by its owners, Chris and Maryam — an American architect and an American author and stylist. Both pavilions feature great rooms with soaring ceilings, domed roofs, fireplaces and as multiple private terraces.
Single and double occupancy rooms are available; beds can be separated into twin beds or maintained as one queen sized bed. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning and heating, as well as other main amenities.
The beautiful property also includes a large swimming pool, a small outdoor gym, a boules (lawn bowling) court and a 1/2 km running path. A particularly magical feature is the outdoor cinema for viewing a selection of films under a starry canopy. Peacock Pavilions can accommodate both vegetarians and vegans, and serves delicious rustic meals.
Note: This wellness travel experience is currently on hold due to Covid. We look forward to setting new dates for the trip and providing registration information once circumstances allow for it.
Option 1: Retreat Only
This is a great option for those looking to find reprieve from their bustling lives, re-connect back to themselves with plenty of time for reflection, while being surrounded by nature, enjoying good food, a rich culture and people.
The retreat option includes:
- 2 Daily yoga/meditation sessions to support releasing toxins and balancing your hormones
- 1 Personalized Ayurvedic Wellness Assessment
- 2 Wellness Workshops (2hrs each) that dive deeper into how the practice of yoga, mindfulness and Ayurveda can undo stress patterns in the body and mind, while providing detailed techniques to support living well daily
- Breakfast and dinner daily including vegetarian and vegan options made with locally sourced ingredients
- Hotel transfers from Marrakech Airport (RAK)
- Charitable give-back experience with Project Soar
- A couple of onsite surprises!
Early bird Single Occupancy: $3,400 CDN (after: $3,600 CDN)
Early bird Double Occupancy: $2,125 CDN (after: $2,325 CDN)
Option 2: The Immersive Experience
The Immersive Experience is what sets Nourished Union apart from the average wellness retreat. In addition to the full retreat option (noted above), you’ll experience a specially curated week dedicated to truly unlocking the treasures of Morocco and showcasing its amazing hidden gems. Each day we’ll explore the land by combining nature, physical activity, food and culture, all while connecting with the local people.
The immersive experience includes:
- The Retreat (details above, payment done separately)
- Daily moroccan lunches
- A day in the Atlas Mountains hiking through waterfalls and visiting a Berber community
- A day visiting the hip and laid back coastal city of Essaouira
- A day visiting the famous and intricate alleyways in the Medina of Marrakech, followed by an afternoon at a Hammam spa
- A unique cooking experience, learning unique Moroccan techniques with local ingredients
- Discovering the hidden gems of art and culture from the historic to the contemporary
- And much more…
Immersive experience costs:
Early bird: $1,325 CDN (after: $1,495 CDN)
Included in the costs:
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) including vegetarian and vegan options made with locally sourced ingredients
- Curated daily cultural excursions (as noted above)
- Daily wellness activities including yoga, meditation, Ayurveda nutrition and self-care workshops
- All transfers to/from airport and for daily excursions
Not included in costs:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Additional activities (Nourished Union is available upon request to support booking additional activities including spa, hikes and other tours.)
The fine print:
- Flights not included (we recommend flying into RAK; pre-arranged airport transfers to and from Peacock Pavilions will only be made from RAK)
- All pricing is in CAD$ and to be paid directly to Nourished Union (payment plans available)