Land into the tranquility of nature and reconnect with your body’s natural rhythms.
Our wellness immersive travel experiences bring the ultimate balance to the mind and body, through deep rest and intentional connections that will revive your soul.
The wellness experience balances the experience of a retreat through reprieve and rest, while exploring and awakening the aspects of yourself that flourish in play and fun.
REST & REPRIEVE: The retreat portion will include daily wellness practices (including Yoga, Meditation, Breath), plus additional workshops where we will access the many ways in which our body and mind are naturally set up for optimal health through recovery and rest. Learn how to retune and calibrate all of the major systems in your body, for greater overall natural health and longevity — giving special focus and attention on the connection between the nervous, digestive and immune systems.
EXPLORE & EVOLVE: The immersive experience will showcase the diverse aspects of this incredible island, from water activities, food, culture and island restoration. There will be daily activities that not only show you various parts of the island – we will meet, connect and deepen our relationship with Mother Nature and the incredible people of the island.
Get away from the everyday, so we can:
- Press the reset button on our daily lives
- Move, breath and meditate together
- Learn the ancient wisdom of Yoga & Ayurveda to support your individual constitution
- Gain insights on ways to remove the toxicity that hides in your foods, cleaners, beauty products
- Connect with loved ones, and make new connections with like minded beings
BONUS: Each attendee will get a personal 1:1 session with Karen to dive deeper into your specific needs, walking away from the retreat with a personal protocol that addresses daily practice, herbal recommendations and routines that serve YOU.
Find balance and equanimity within mind, body and soul – bringing you back to true and sustainable health.
5-Night Wellness Experience
October 24-29: Stay and explore Quinta Carvalhas (1hr north of Lisbon), a sustainable working farm, the perfect setting to restore and rejuvenate you. Surrounded by the historic destinations of Golegã and Tomar, we will explore and connect with the land, culture, people and places.
This 5-night experience will include daily Yoga (Asana, Pranayama, Meditation), Reiki Energy and Sound Healing Sessions, a Cooking Class, a tour Tomar – the Knights Templar town, Blind Tasting and Mindfulness Experience and learning more the history and importance of Portuguese tiles with the Moorish influence.
$2,350 + HST (Single Occupancy)
$2,025 + HST (Double Occupancy)
3-Night City Exploration
October 21-24 (add-on): Explore Lisbon through the history and traditions in food, visit the most extravagant palaces of Sintra and explore the Belém neighborhood of Lisbon at the wheel of an electric car. This 3-night additional stay in Lisbon will provide a richer connection to the culture and people, before heading to the country-side for a wellness retreat and reprieve.
3-Nights Lisbon + Retreat:
$3,310 + HST (Single Occupancy)
$2,675 + HST (Double Occupancy)
Quinta Carvalhas offers experiences that stimulate your body, mind and soul. Explore and learn from this working farm by going for walks, reflecting in the meditation garden, relaxing next to the pool, riding mountain bikes on rural trails, walking across to the oak forest, swimming in the farm dam, spa experiences that include a Turkish bath and horse interactions and therapy at their Equestrian Centre.
We will take you on a cultural adventure that will include:
- Farm Tour and Art Expression
- Portuguese Historic Tile Experience
- Tomar & The Knights of Templar Tour
- Horse Healing
- Cooking Class
- And more…
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), where possible, from locally sourced ingredients, including vegetarian and vegan options.
- Daily activities including: Farm Tour and Art Expression, Portuguese Historic Tile Experience , Tomar & The Knights of Templar Tour, Horse Healing, Cooking Class
- Daily wellness activities including Yoga, Meditation, Breath practices and self care workshops.
- Airport transfers in Lisbon and all transfers for daily activities.
- Add-On Lisbon experience (should you choose) – Including: accommodations (with breakfast), daily tours, and transfers. Does NOT include lunch, dinner and alcohol.
The Fine Print:
- Flights not included
- Additional activities such as horse riding, spa or other, which are not listed on final itinerary not included
- All prices are in CAD$
- Alcohol not included
- Transfers will be arranged to and from Lisbon Airport (LIS)
- Registration closes September 15, 2022
- Payment in full due on September 30, 2022 (payment plans available)
“Our trip to Italy was amazing. It was the perfect mix of wellness, introspection along with thoughtfully curated and unique travel experiences such as cooking classes, bike riding, wineries etc. There was a broad focus on wellness, balance and happiness which I had not invested a lot of time into prior to this retreat. Karen was an incredible “leader” and everything about the trip from start to finish was perfect.”
Katie – Wellness Travel